IP ADDRESS TEMPLATES FOR VNC (AS A SERVICE)

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:58:21 +0000

The AuthHosts syntax would be "-:+<IP Addresses to Allow>".

-----Original Message-----
From: Sparks, Stanley, CIV [mailto:Stan.Sparks "at" uk.med.navy.mil]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 5:30 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: IP ADDRESS TEMPLATES FOR VNC (AS A SERVICE)

Hello, everyone.

I want to install VNC as a service and restrict access to certain IP
addresses only.  Have tried creating an AuthHosts entry in the registry with
+<IP ADDRESSES TO ALLOW> but, whatever I do, I can't seem to block any IP's.
I'm new to registry editing, so this may be the root of my problem.

Can anyone help, please, preferrably with a step-by-step dummies guide to
making the registry changes necessary?

Stan Sparks,