Hide local desktop or present a message

Green, Ian P green.ian.p "at" edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:34:50 +0000

When I take control of a VNC Server I would ideally like to have a message
appear on the local workstation (in lieu of what is actually going on) that
tells anyone who may arrive at the workstation running VNC Server, that may try
to take control of the computer, or who will simply reboot it (eg. hit the reset
or power button) because it is not doing what they want.

The message should say something like "This workstation is being remotely worked
on. Please wait."

Anyone got a registry fix for this?

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in
error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage
or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is
limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions
expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the
Department of Education Employment and Training.