VncServer on Solaris 2.5 (newbie) Startup Problem

Ian Ferguson IanF "at"
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:05:45 +0000

Being a newbie to VNC in a Unix environment I'm afraid I need some help.
Whenever I try to start the vncserver on the box I get the following in the
log file :

_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local

Fatal server error:
Failed to establish all listening sockets
xrdb: Interrupted system call
xrdb: Can't open display 'devman1:1'
xsetroot:  unable to open display 'devman1:1'
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: devman1:1
twm:  unable to open display "devman1:1"

Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction.

to majordomo "at"
See also: