font error

Eric Bourdin ebo "at" ercom.fr
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:01:21 +0000

Dear Vnc users,

I use a VNC server on a Suse 7.1 box.

Each time I try to connect with my linux VNC client (a Suse 7.1), I get
this error message :
Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontStruct

There is no specific error message on logs produced by the X server.

Obviously a font is missing somewhere.
Does it mean my VNC server is badly configured ?
Or maybe, a font is missing on client-side ?

I looked for font packs on xfree86.org but I couldn't find this one.

Did someone ever run into this very specific problem ?

regards,

Here is the raw output of my vncviewer.

VNC server supports protocol version 3.3 (viewer 3.3)
No authentication needed
Desktop name "x11 desktop (xxx:14)"
Connected to VNC server, using protocol version 3.3
VNC server default format:
  16 bits per pixel.
  Least significant byte first in each pixel.
  True colour: max red 31 green 63 blue 31, shift red 11 green 5 blue 0
Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontStruct
Using default colormap which is TrueColor.  Pixel format:
  16 bits per pixel.
  Least significant byte first in each pixel.
  True colour: max red 31 green 63 blue 31, shift red 11 green 5 blue 0
Using shared memory PutImage
ShmCleanup called

--
Eric Bourdin