java.io.IOException: Your connection has been rejected

Boivin, Patrice J BoivinP "at" mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:45:25 +0000

Hi,

I just joined the list, and am a newbie at VNC.

I searched the FAQ and the documentation, but couldn't find a reference to
this error.

We have a number of NT servers inside and outside our firewall.

I added the IP address of the machines that ought to have access to VNC on
one server in the registry on that VNC server.

We find that when we try to access the VNC server via Web browser from one
machine, we can authenticate and see the console for the VNC Server.

When we try to connect via browser from the other NT servers on the IP list
in the VNC server,

*	the browser loads the java applet that prompts for the password.
*	We click on the button, then get the following error:
Java.io.IOException: Your connection has been rejected.

We thought for a while this had to do with the firewall, but the firewall
logs show the VNC server and the NT server talking to each other on both
ports.

It seems that once we submit a password to authenticate, the VNC Server is
either not able to talk to some machines, or is not able to open a channel
to "feed" the console picture to the other NT server.

I tried playing with the video settings, i.e. ensure that the NT server has
a higher resolution than the VNC server.

Has anyone seen this error?

TIA
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Acting Head
Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systhmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Rigion des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: boivinp "at" mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca <mailto:boivinp "at" mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>