ATI and TightVNC conflict (was: TightVNC crash on 6 of 16 NT servers)

Bendotti, Gerard gbendotti "at" agric.wa.gov.au
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 00:15:30 +0000

<I also had the problem on the "ATI 3D Rage IIC", but the problem seems
to have gone away with the 4.00.1381.3247 driver from the ATI web site.
The problem does exist in the 4.00.1381.3254 driver from Compaq, and
with the 5.2.040 ATI driver.>

Same with the crashes that I was experiencing, except that mine were not
confined to VNC, the suppliers ended up replacing the whole machine, saying
nothing had changed, but as a result of some advice from tis list I had
checked the video drivers, and they are now different.  Coincidence?

Gerard Bendotti