Selection problem on server desktop with WinVNC

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 19:35:41 +0000

Hey there.

This sounds like it is the shift key getting stuck down (not physical but
might be). Just try hitting the shift key a few times then try again.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Michael Molloy
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 10:09 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Selection problem on server desktop with WinVNC

I've got WinVNC 3.3.3 R9 running on Windows 2000. To access it, I've tried
both the Linux client (3.3.3 r2 linux 2.0) and a java enabled linux browser.
The problem occurs in both the viewer & browser, so it looks to be a server
problem.

If I select an icon on the bottom of the desktop, it is selected along with
every icon above it on the desktop. The only way to select a single icon is
to select the icon at the top of the desktop (like the "My Computer" icon).

I've had this problem before, rebooted the Win2K machine, and the problem
went away. However, it is not going away this time after rebooting.

Seached the archives, but I couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
--Michael