setting fontpath

Louis Sabet louis "at"
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:02:00 +0000

I'm trying to get VNC to use some Windows Type1 fonts on an OpenBSD box.

The Type1 fonts work ok in regular X and also on an XFS server (both
RedHat), but when I put them on the OpenBSD box, and enter them in the
vncserver script (yes, I am using the correct syntax), the VNC session

Is this because:
a:) OpenBSD and Linux use differing methods of working out the fonts in a
b;) I need to run some special command to categorise the fonts in OpenBSD
(the fonts.dir and fonts.scale files are already there)
c:) You just can't use type1 fonts directly in VNC

Your mouse has moved. Your computer must be restarted for these changes to
take effect.
R)eboot   (C)ancel
to majordomo "at"
See also: