Stopping Service on Win95/98, Query Settings ? Mark_Johnson "at"
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:46:40 +0000

Thanks for the replies.  After creating an .exe package for Win95/98 and
NT/2K, I found that everything would install ok, but would not uninstall on
95/98 only on NT/2K.  I found several things out:

To uninstall the app on 95/98: winvnc.exe -kill, then winvnc.exe -remove
To uninstall the app on NT/2K: net stop winvnc, then winvnc.exe -remove

So on the uninstall, it checks for 95/98 and runs the -kill and on NT/2K it
runs net stop.

Thanks again.
Original Post:

The questino still remains, how to stop the service on Win95/98 once its
started ?
When connecting to a users PC, I want the user to be able to click either
accept or reject connection.

Mark Johnson
to majordomo "at"
See also: