Selection problem on server desktop with WinVNC

Michael Molloy MMolloy "at" resortquest.com
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:15:06 +0000

I've got WinVNC 3.3.3 R9 running on Windows 2000. To access it, I've tried
both the Linux client (3.3.3 r2 linux 2.0) and a java enabled linux browser.
The problem occurs in both the viewer & browser, so it looks to be a server
problem.

If I select an icon on the bottom of the desktop, it is selected along with
every icon above it on the desktop. The only way to select a single icon is
to select the icon at the top of the desktop (like the "My Computer" icon).

I've had this problem before, rebooted the Win2K machine, and the problem
went away. However, it is not going away this time after rebooting.

Seached the archives, but I couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
--Michael