Stopping Service on Win95/98, Query Settings ?

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:29:19 +0000

answer 1: search your 95/98 registry for the key "runservice" or
"RunService".  That's where 95/98 looks for any program to run as a service
(hence the name ;)  With shutdown disabled, however, the only other
alternative I can think of is to remove that registry key and reboot.

Answer 2: search the winvnc documentation for the "AuthHosts" reg. key.
Hint: "-:?"  QuerySetting defaults to 2, so that should be fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark_Johnson "at" URSCorp.com [mailto:Mark_Johnson "at" URSCorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 2:45 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Stopping Service on Win95/98, Query Settings ?

Another question.

Scenario:
After having created an .exe package, i tested it on a Win2K machine and it
installed with the correct registry settings and uninstalled correctly.  I
tested it on a Win98 PC and it too installed correctly and started VNC as a
service, but the uninstall failed.  Win95/98 do not recognize the command
"net stop winvnc".  I could use the -kill command instead, but i disabled
the shutdown and the properties. I am able to manually remove the files and
.reg settings etc.
Q:
The questino still remains, how to stop the service on Win95/98 once its
started ?
Scenario:
When connecting to a users PC, I want the user to be able to click either
accept or reject connection.
Q:
Which settings do i change. QuerySetting,QueryTimeout.  Currently
QuerySetting is on 2.

Thanks
Mark Johnson
mark_johnson "at" urscorp.com