VNC and SDSL Dietmar.Friesch "at"
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 18:17:16 +0000

I'v got to cater for two setups involving SDSL with Lucent CellPipes which
connect two lans and provide these lans with access general access to the
internet. Both Pipes - according to what the two different providers confirm
upon questionning - have been setup in there internal routing tables so that
ports 5800 and 5900 are NATed  to the internal IP adresses were vnc server
is running as a service. Everything works properly within the lans. However

setup 1:	if I run the Browser/java interface I'm getting the login
screen, can type the password, but nothing happens (not even "sorry" except
that after a few seconds I  receive "javanet.NoRoute to hostException:
Operation timed out." which appears not to be the case as I get the login
when running trhough the viewer, after a few seconds I get "Failed to
connect to server"

setup2: I'm not getting anything at all - which tells me that the set-up is
not correct

has anybody got a hint to resolve setup 1 -  which might then after
correction of setup 2 help to make this run as well

Mit freundlichen Gr|ssen
Dietmar Friesch

Software Process Assessment nach
ISO15504/SPICE, ISO/IEC 12207
durch zertifizierte Pr|fer von
ISIS Consulting und
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft/IESE
 __   ___   __   ___
(  ) / __) (  ) / __)
 ||  \__ \  ||  \__ \
(__) (___/ (__) (___/

Dietmar Friesch
Information Systems
Information Strategies
Altkoenigstrasse 8
D-60323 Frankfurt
Phone: +49 (0)69 9720 2256
Fax:     +49 (0)69 9720 2257
Cell:     +49 (0)172 690 8683

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]
to majordomo "at"
See also: