VNC Commander - what is it? (newbie)

Lorenzo Manuel Manuel.Lorenzo "at" HCAHealthcare.com
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:40:28 +0000

We use dhcp also and we can log into the systems by using their computer
name.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ellen Reisinger [mailto:itadmin "at" sanderson.nt.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2029 03:18
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: VNC Commander - what is it? (newbie)

Wow!  This is great!  We currently have no systems in place to manage our
300 odd computers and 5 servers.  We have just started getting into VNC. I
can't wait to have winVnc installed on all the workstations!

With VNC Commander - Is there a limit to the number of computers you can
have listed? What limit is there to the number of concurrent connections?
 Guess this is all in the documentation.

Question about winVNC ... we use dhcp, is there a way that i can log into
systems without having to know their ip address, for example using the
adapter address (as this info is readily available on my asset db)?

Ellen