Auto Install VNC on Win2K Domain ?

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel "at"
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:15:32 +0000

Mark_Johnson "at" wrote:
> I am trying to push VNC to my workstations with my current registry
> settings.  I think there are 2 or 3 possible ways to do this.
> 1. Using the "FastPush" script:
> 2. Using a customizable setup creator:
> 3. Using Win2K Group Policies to install ?

Have you looked at MSIEXEC? It's the windows installer toolkit
thingy. We've successfully pushed out software to NT4.0sp6
clients with it. You basically create a MSI file with the
registry changes and the files you want to install, and it
does the rest. There's a few links about it here:

and a link to the instmsiw.exe file (cos I had trouble
finding it otherwise):

We haven't used it for VNC (we modified fastpush), but if we
get round to it, I'll post the .msi file here.

Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel "at"
Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru                  National Library of Wales
Yn siarad drosof fy hun, nid LlGC   -  Speaking personally, not for NLW
to majordomo "at"
See also: