Interactively Disable Local Keyboard and Mouse

Fisher, Dave david.m.fisher "at" eds.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 21:37:15 +0000

I am aware of the registry entries, I have included them below.  Maybe you
could explain to me how to set the registry settings to accept a connection
upon time out.  According to the doc below, the timeout entry
"indicates the number of seconds for which the Accept Connection dialog will
be displayed before REJECTING the incoming connection automatically"

AuthHosts
The AuthHosts setting is, unlike the other settings, a REG_SZ string. It is
used to specify a set of IP address templates which incoming connections
must match in order to be accepted. By default, the template is empty and
connections from all hosts are accepted. The template is of the form:
+[ip-address-template]
?[ip-address-template]
-[ip-address-template]
In the above, [ip-address-template] represents the leftmost bytes of the
desired stringified IP-address. For example, +158.97 would match both
158.97.12.10 and 158.97.14.2. Multiple match terms may be specified,
delimited by the ":" character. Terms appearing later in the template take
precedence over earlier ones. e.g. -:+158.97: would filter out all incoming
connections except those beginning with 158.97. Terms beginning with the "?"
character are treated by default as indicating hosts from whom connections
must be accepted at the server side via a dialog box. The QuerySetting
option determines the precise behaviour of the three AuthHosts options.
Local machine-specific setting.

QuerySetting
The QuerySetting allows individual users to tailor the degree of paranoia
expressed by the per-machine AuthHosts setting. It is a DWORD value ranging
from zero (maximum availability) to four (maximum security). The following
table indicates how the value affects the AuthHosts behaviour:
0 - +:Accept, ?:Accept, -:Query
1 - +:Accept, ?:Accept, -:Reject
2 - +:Accept, ?:Query, -:Reject [Default]
3 - +:Query, ?:Query, -:Reject
4 - +:Query, ?:Reject, -:Reject
By default, value 2 (Obey AuthHosts) will be assumed. Local & global
per-user setting.

QueryTimeout
The QueryTimeout setting indicates the number of seconds for which the
Accept Connection dialog (see AuthHosts and QuerySetting options) will be
displayed before rejecting the incoming connection automatically. Local &
global per-user setting.