Log file size

Jeff Boerio boerio "at" ichips.intel.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:46:02 +0000

As far as I know, nothing bad will happen.  But it depends on how a
connect Xvnc session behaves with its logfiles.  That is, does it only
open the file when it needs to append it?  Or, does it keep the file
open while the VNC session is connected.

Certainly, "cat /dev/null > ~username/.vnc/hostname:display.log" should
cause no harm, since the inode won't be changing.

     - Jeff

--
Jeff Boerio, DPG-OR Engineering Computing, boerio "at" ichips.intel.com
Mgr, UNIX Software Applications & Support