Log file size

Maurice Lafleur mlafleur "at" ux.cegep-heritage.qc.ca
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 16:15:49 +0000

Hello everyone,

I posted this yesterday, but I don't think it turned up to the list (I
didn't receive it for majordomo..). So here goes:

--->
I am new to this list but not to Vnc. We have been using this marvellous
piece of software for the past 2.5 years here at the college and are
really happy with it. Only one thing causes us headaches: the size of
the log file that the Linux implementation creates. We limit our
students to 20 Megs of home drive space and recently after a program
went astray, a student had her entire 20M  used up by the VNC session
log file she was running, preventing her from saving any new work.
After that event, I checked other students log files to find that they
were in some cases pretty big.

So here are the questions:

1- Can the size of the log file be limited somehow?

2- What happens if a log file is removed from the .vnc directory while a
session is running?

Thanks,

--
MGL