hook video driver

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw22 "at" cam.ac.uk
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:28:35 +0000

---
But when you want to use "copyrect" you also need the source info, you
have to know the source rectangle
before you can copy him to the destination.
I'm still try to find a way to translate the window coordinates to
screen coordinates.
The hook driver pass a RECT for bitblt and a RECT and POINT for
copybits. But the POINT is the place on the
window that moves.
ex: notepad size 100x100
place:
left = 150
right =250
top = 300
bottom =400

The driver pass me something like 160,240,310,380  point 0,10
rectangle moved to 160,240,310,380 from  150,310
But the driver don't tell me that the app is notepad and so I don't know
the starting place (150=0,300=10)
---

When you say "the driver", do you mean a driver you have written, or someone
else's driver?

I'm surprised that the driver returns window coordinates - I thought that
graphics drivers received cordinates relative to display buffers.

Bear in mind that GDI will access bitmaps in the graphics card other than
just the display bitmap, so the hook driver probably needs to check which
bitmap updates are coming from and only use copyrect when the source is the
display bitmap.

Cheers,

---
James "Wez" Weatherall