Xvnc view only

Ehud Karni ehud "at" unix.simonwiesel.co.il
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:36:36 +0000

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:58:01 +0100 (BST), Alex Dyas <adyas "at" twowaytv.com> wrote:

> I've looked in the docs, and the mailing list archive, and I'm beginning to
> suspect that this is not possible, but I'd like someone to confirm it.  I would
> like to run Xvnc as read-only, ie allow people to connect but not to be able to
> alter anything.  I know the client can be run in read-only mode, but I can't
> rely on the users to do this.

You did not look hard enough. I made just the change you're asking for.
I added -viewonly switch to Xvnc (tested on Linux).

You can find my original e-mail at:
    http://www.tridiavnc.com/list-mailist/2000-07/0575.html

If you have problems with it you can email me directly.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign