Bug report - Win2k machine reboots

Yan Seiner yan "at" cardinalengineering.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:25:25 +0000

OT and getting more so -

Keep in mind that most of my experience is with linux, and none with
W2K.

In linux, I can simply unload those portions of the OS I don't want to
use (like sound, dvd, etc.).  In windows, I would assume you need to
uninstall drivers and disable the automatic driver installation on boot
- a more involved and much more permanent process.

Also, in windows, apps muck about with replacing DLLs which can
introduce instabilities. (Not trying to start a holy war; linux is fast
heading down that route as well....)  So check to see if the problems
started after a botched install of an app.

--Yan