Bug report - Win2k machine reboots

Yan Seiner yan "at" cardinalengineering.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:19:36 +0000

I fought a similar problem on a linux-based toshiba laptop.  I finally
solved the problem by turning off as much of the power saving stuff as
possible.  I would disable all power management, sound, multimedia,
etc.  and see if the problem persists.  Then enable one at a time.

I've found apm to be the source of more evil reboots and freezes than
almost anything else.

--Yan