Bug report v3.3.3 r9 - Win2k machine reboots on exit

Jeff Veit jeff.veit "at" tanasity.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 00:45:56 +0000

Hi there,

Running a 700 Mhz Athlon with a 3dfx Voodoo 3 display adapter. Lots of disk
space. 128MB memory. Win2k Pro, service pack 2. No known issues with the
hardware configuration.

If I start my machine, start VNC in app mode, wait till the icon appears on my
task bar, and then right mouse click on the icon, and Exit, about 2 out of 3
times I get an immediate reboot of my machine. No shutdown - it's as if I
pressed the reset key.

I had thought it was limited to this circumstance, but I just managed to whack
out my machine after some hours of running when I tried to Exit VNC.

No mention of this in the mailing list that I can find so I thought I'd log
it.

Regards,

Jeff Veit

http://www.tanasity.com/ - Tanasity develops software and net applications
http://www.tangledtime.com/ - Discussion about the net, software and business
- come and contribute. Technophiles, it's PHP. Feel free to discuss the merits
of server side development languages and environments.

Tanasity
Tel: +44 (0)1223 721513
Email: jeff.veit "at" tanasity.com