Problem connecting to VNC Server

Christian D'Amico christian "at"
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:39:26 +0000

Hi all, wondering if someone can help me.

I've tried using VNC for the first time the other day. I loaded the server
software onto my home machine, which has a home network and an ADSL
connection through a USB port.

The problem is, when I try to connect to either my hostname OR my IP, it
won't connect. The thing is though, it works when I try it from another
machine on my home network, so I'm doing *something* right, hehe.

I've tried connecting from my cousin's machine, but still to no avail. I've
also tried setting the session number to something manually rather than
automatic, but still no go :/

Has anyone got any recommendations I could try to get this to work?

Kind Regards,

Christian D'Amico
Web Designer
Internet Assist Ltd

Tel   : +44 (0)208 547 3700    Fax    : +44 (0)208 547 3600
Web :     Email : christian "at"
to majordomo "at"
See also: