KDE again

Georgios Petasis petasis "at" iit.demokritos.gr
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 07:23:53 +0000

On ??? 02 ??? 2001 20:47, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > kill all KDE processes
>
> Killing KDE is killing X but I can login with twm or whatever, okay.

No, killing KDE is *not* killing X. KDE utilises many services that
do not require X, like the DCOP server.

> >start a new VNC server without loading anything in it
>
> You mean nothing but a window manager like twm?
No, not even a window manager like twm

> >type "startkde". What is then happening?
>
> KDE is starting up. But still I can run only one KDE. When I try to start
> another KDE in a new vncserver the same DCOP error shows up (DCOP server,
> kdesktop etc. already running! DCOP communication error!).

Note that the *same* user can start up only *one* kde session.
Loggin as a different user to start another session...

George