Problem with VNC Viewer

Karl-Heinz Schulz karlheinz "at" khschulz.com
Sun, 02 Sep 2001 23:59:49 +0000

Viewer is installed on Windows 2000 (with all patches installed)
VNC Server is installed on Mandrake 8 (latest version available)

Problem number 1 - kvm is not available on Mandrake when running Xfree 4.XX
I have the following Windows Manager installed

KDE
Gnome
Fvwm

When starting the viewer I see only the grey start up screen

The output of my xstartup file is as following

bash-2.05$ more xstartup
#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
fvwm  &

What am I missing?

Thank you