command line switches

David Brodbeck DavidB "at" mail.interclean.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:21:39 +0000

I don't think the NT client has a command line switch to set the encoding.
What I do is use the "save settings..." option to save a settings file with
the encoding I want, then use the /config switch to load it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Palocz [mailto:spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 9:48 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: command line switches

Sure, we all do,
just use
command /? or Unix
command -help
e.g. winvnc /?
e.g. Xvnc -help

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of David Steele
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 5:27 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: command line switches

Hi,

Does anyone have a good list of command line switches that can be used with
the vncviewer application?

For example, I know that I can run "vncviewer -fullscreen hostname" from the
command prompt of my NT workstation. But I would like to know if I can
automatically set the preferred encoding and the display options by using a
command line switch.

Thanks,
Dave.