Config Screen keeps appearing (WinVNC)

John Pierson JPierson "at" WylieAssociates.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:45:02 +0000

I find that if I don't set the default password, on some machines this
problem will keep occuring.  The dialog that pops up is probably the current
user one.  I suggest try going in and setting the default password.  If you
already have, then I have no idea.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Julius Thyssen [mailto:juul "at" gmx.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 11:25 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Config Screen keeps appearing (WinVNC)

Hi again,

I installed WinVNC 3.3.3r9 on a Win98SE machine,
it used to run just fine as a service on the particular PC
only now each time I start up the Win98SE on that machine
the config (password etc.) dialog of WinVNC appears
and is waiting for my input.

How can I get rid of this screen at startup ?
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled thoroughly,
it keeps on appearing at startup...
Seems to me a certain registry entry might be causing this,
but I don't know which one. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Tnx,

--
Julius - http://jthz.com/p  http://jult.net  http://jthz.com/mp3