RE#2: Win2k with AD

Mark Debenham mark.debenham "at" c-3.co.uk
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:23:15 +0000

Are you running any form of port blocker because if you are this may well be
affecting it,  ie firewall/ tcp wrappers etc etc??
Double check everything, and make sure you don't have address authentication
wrongly set in the registry,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Arek Lichwa [mailto:al "at" neuron.com.pl]
Sent: 28 June 2001 13:48
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE#2: Win2k with AD

#Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:37:45 +0100
#From: Mark Debenham <mark.debenham "at" c-3.co.uk>
#Subject: RE: Win2k with AD
#
#Make sure that you have security settings to access the .exe and the other
#files related to VNC, right click > properties > security. #Mark #

Hi again
No positive result according to your tips - I've set (it was) full acces for
everyone, I've added yet for authenticated users . I've reinstalled VNC to
default settings /no extra AuthHost and QuerySetting/ and the system
responding the same way as previous, ie showing password box and after that
saying "connection closed". The same settings on server witout AD working
well. Probably it got something to do with AD which one is for me not known
well yet (i mean security at domain level for users and services) Any more
suggestions ??

regards Arek