Warning when starting vncserver

Saleemah.Barkatoolah@lewisham.gov.uk Saleemah.Barkatoolah "at" lewisham.gov.uk
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:11:37 +0000

I am using vnc display to install oracle 8I on AIX 4.3.2.

When I start vncserver, the following warning appears
$ vncserver -geometry 700x500 :2
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC__FASTMSG = "true",
        LANG = "en_GB"

New 'X' desktop is bcbackup:2

.

Starting applications specified in /APOLLO/oracle/test/v8.1.6/.vnc/xstartup
Log file is /APOLLO/oracle/test/v8.1.6/.vnc/bcbackup:2.log

The same warning appears on killing the session.

I have included and exported these 2 variables (LC__FASTMSG="true",LANG =
"en_GB") in the .profile of the user starting the vnc session.
Still same warning.
Please help

TIA
Saleemah

Information in this message is confidential and may also be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete the message
from your system immediately.