Stable VNC Server for Mac OS 9.x? (was Clipboard...)

Richard Schletty rschletty "at" schletty.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:10:14 +0000

Thanks, Dair. I hadn't run across your Mac viewer yet. I've downloaded it
and will give Clipboard transfer a go.

I just started up with VNC a few days ago. I've tried AT&T's VNCServer for
Mac PPC 3.3.3b2 and ChromiVNC Server FAT 3.4.0a5 for Mac and they're both
buggy as hell. Both implementations freeze the host Mac frequently. I've
tried increasing memory allocation. I'm concurrently running Timbuktu 5.2.4
on the 3 Macs I've tested. Could this be causing a conflict in the TCP/IP
port range of 5000+? Is there a robust, stable Mac VNC Server out there --
one that will live happily in a Mac OS 9.x environment?

Richard Schletty
Schletty Graphics
Design & illustration for print & web publishing.
Desktop publishing support. Network administration.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
rschletty "at" schletty.com  http://www.schletty.com
Vox 651-222-2526
Fax 651-227-1492