Errors Installing WinVNC Service

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:17:21 +0000

Check permissions on the vnc files/folder (c:\program files\orl\winvnc).
You must install as administrator.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Diane Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 1:59 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Errors Installing WinVNC Service

I ran the Install VNC Service on our NT 4 server and it says it installed
it.  I go to Services and try to start the service and I get error 0005.
The Event Viewer has an error entry: The VNC Server service failed to start
due to the following error:  Access is denied.  EventID: 7000, Source:
Service Control Manager.  I installed the VNC Service on another NT 4 server
and it worked fine. Can anyone help?  Thanks, Diane