Behind a DSL Router

Roger Ingersoll rogeri "at" gpdemolay.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:17:10 +0000

I have a network behing a DSL Router.  Netgear RT311.

My private network is on 192.168.x.x and I have 2 computers on it.
I have the NAT programmed to route 5800 & 5900 to PC #1 and
5801 & 5901 to route to PC #2.

however, from outside the network, when I connect to the actual IP address
(24.x.x.x), I can connect to either machine using a browser by using port
5800 or 5801.  But when I type in my password, I get this message.

 Java.net.ConnectionException: Connection refused

Any ideas?

Roger Ingersoll