Zone Alarm and VNC problem on Win98

Ethan Kiczek ethan "at" sickpig.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:57:37 +0000

I have a Windows 98 machine running Zone Alarm and VNC (both are the most
current versions). When I attempt to login at the local machine (at the
Microsoft Networking prompt), the machine freezes with a blank green
screen. Disabling either of these programs cures this problem. Also, if I
load Zone Alarm, then, after logging in, load VNC, everything works fine.
This setup, however, is not ideal since I can't, for example, remotely
reboot and re-login to that machine. I've checked with Zone Alarm tech
support, and they were less than helpful.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting these two programs to work
together?

Thanks in advance,

Ethan
ethan "at" sickpig.com