Win2k with AD

Mark Debenham mark.debenham "at" c-3.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:43:07 +0000

Make sure that you have security settings to access the .exe and the other
files related to VNC, right click > properties > security.
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Arek Lichwa [mailto:al "at" neuron.com.pl]
Sent: 27 June 2001 11:37
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Win2k with AD

Hi

I'm using VNC on Win2k. All my implementations work well on member servers
with win2k. I've applied security features like AuthHosts and
QuerySetting(level3) and the things behaves as expected. But latelely on one
of me server I've added AD and after that the server stopped work. What I
mean - the client software got password prompt but after giving the password
I got message box "Connection closed". Why this happens ? Any special
consideration on AD security (domain level, local level) ? I've already
changed to different listening port - without success, change to default
settings - the same effect. Any suggestions ?

regards Arek
VNC user :-)