Duane Waddle waddle1 "at" us.ibm.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:48:42 +0000

And while it's a little Off-Topic, PCAnywhere works well with SSH, too.
The setup is a little odd, but it does work.  You need to add a registry
key to the PCAW client to make it not require the UDP poll to complete
before it connects to the remote.

HKLM\Software\Symantec\pcANYWHERE\CurrentVersion\System
TCPIPConnectIfUnknown=1 (DWORD)

The beauty of VNC or PCAW with SSH is the public key authentication.  Until
someone finds a way to break RSA or DSA, it is very difficult for an
intruder to get to your remote control server without having the machine
that your private key is stored on.  That adds a nice layer of protection
in addition to the password mechanism used by the server.

--D

Duane Waddle
waddle1 "at" us.ibm.com
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."  -- RFC1925

"Matt Keyes" <matt_keyes "at" qbsol.com>@uk.research.att.com on 06/26/2001
08:20:11 AM

Please respond to vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com

Sent by:  owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com