Mark Debenham mark.debenham "at" c-3.co.uk
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:42:47 +0000

UDP (In my eyes) certainly is not suitable for FTP however if a UDP packet
with a signature was sent which inturn triggered a TCP connection then maybe
that would be a better way to go, only a thought,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Casey [mailto:scfiead "at" hotmail.com]
Sent: 26 June 2001 14:11
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Re:

> Mark, I agree with you for the most part. VNC is great and much less
> intrusive. Just wish it had file transfer capabilities. I seem to
> always need that at one time or another.

I also have need of this at times.  Interestingly enough though, the most
recent time I used pcAnywhere's file transfer was to upload WinVNC and
install it instead :-).

I am not much of a C coder (I use scripting languages in my day-to-day
work), but would it be possible to add another RFB message type for this?

Considering we are using UDP, I presume we would have to implement some
method of packet reliability and tracking to reconstruct the file on the
receiving end.

Ryan