Ryan Casey scfiead "at" hotmail.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:14:39 +0000

> Mark, I agree with you for the most part. VNC is great and much less
> intrusive. Just wish it had file transfer capabilities. I seem to always
> need that at one time or another.

I also have need of this at times.  Interestingly enough though, the most
recent time I used pcAnywhere's file transfer was to upload WinVNC and
install it instead :-).

I am not much of a C coder (I use scripting languages in my day-to-day
work), but would it be possible to add another RFB message type for this?

Considering we are using UDP, I presume we would have to implement some
method of packet reliability and tracking to reconstruct the file on the
receiving end.

Ryan