VNC as spyware on TV

Matt Keyes matt_keyes "at" qbsol.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:06:39 +0000

>> I've done it, just to prove it could be done... And to screw with a
couple
of my friend's heads :) -- I just ask for permission to hax0r their system
(Not hack, hax0r -- There is a difference :), if they give it, then a couple
weeks down the road once they think I've given up, I get VNC in and toy with
their minds.

VNC is so simple to install that there's no reason it couldn't be deployed
very easily by any EXE out there.<<

Did you friends have the VNC ports closed or firewalled, or were they simply
vulnerable to the outside world?