windows service

Mark Debenham mark.debenham "at" c-3.co.uk
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:17:32 +0000

Well, you should be able to insert the registry keys needed with the pass
etc so that you can have the password set,
"Winvnc -defaultsettings" needs to be specified just incase the user has a
different user specific password... And have you installed VNC at start up
using "net use winvnc"? (having said that it looks like a yes due to the
need for a password...
Set the reg keys then try again,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Markov process [mailto:martingal2000 "at" yahoo.com]
Sent: 25 June 2001 18:43
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: windows service

I want to setup a windows NT server. Successfully I
installed WinVNC and its service.

I want to now telnet to the WindowNT server and start
the WinVNC server (assuming there is no one already
logged into this NT machine). I started winvnc
successfully, but when I tried to use vncviewer
somewhere else, I can't connect to the VNC server, it
says there is no password. How can I fix this?

Thank you!