VNC as spyware on TV

Neel, Steve SNeel "at" sandc.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:58:46 +0000

Agreed! It is SO much nicer to administer a server sitting down at the
comfort of my desk, instead of standing in front of a rack inside the
fishbowl!

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Ernie Oporto [mailto:Ernie.Oporto "at" viragelogic.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 10:16 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: VNC as spyware on TV

With the questions going around of "how can I hide the icon" I am certain
that someone somewhere is putting some piece of that small VNC server into
their latest crack.  The point is that since it is a tool it is not right to
color everyone's use of VNC as bad.  It's something perfectly legitimate
that I use every day to enhance my ability to control my networks (through
secure VPN pipes, of course) and I don't want to see it go away.

Ernie