firewall SOCKS https

Richard Beels beels "at" technologist.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 01:46:08 +0000

For a SOCKS client that can Socksify apps, goto www.socks.nec.com and
download SocksCap32.  You then add applications to and launch them from
SocksCap and they will go thru the SOCKS gateway just fine.  I was at a
client last week that uses SOCKS so I needed a solution.  I found only 2
SOCKS clients on the net and the other one was a POS.  Through SocksCap I
ran Eudora, Outlook, Telnet on all manner of ports, GroupWise, various NNTP
clients, NTP client, AIM and a couple other apps just to test it.  They all
ran fine....

At 08:02 6/13/2001,  gerard.briscoe "at" philips.com was inspired to say: