When two computers try go connect to the same VNC host

Akira Hatakeyama akira "at" sra.co.jp
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:50:35 +0000

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 04:09:00PM -0400, Tony Cirino wrote:

> I have a VNC host running on my Windows 2000 computer.  Lets say User A wants
> to connect to my computer from his through the VNC viewer.  He does so
> successfully.  Lets say User B wants to try to connect to my computer through
> VNC as well, while User A still is connected.  The way VNC is set up now is
> that User A will get dropped and User B will take over.  Is there any way
> possible to have User B _not_ get the connection?  Perhaps let him know that
> there already is a client connected to my machine?

You can set it with registry, "ConnectPriority".
See http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/winvnc.html,
section Advanced Options.

--
Akira Hatakeyama	E-Mail: akira "at" sra.co.jp
   http://www.sra.co.jp/people/akira/index.html