Win2K/Linux VNC

Matt Keyes matt_keyes "at" qbsol.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:27:39 +0000

After some research, I think I might need to configure the xstartup file
(?).  Anyone have an example of this I could look at (if this is the
problem).  Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Matt Keyes
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 1:48 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Win2K/Linux VNC

Hi!
        I'm trying to run VNCViewer from a Win2K workstation and see a
VNCServer on
a Linux machine.  I can see the console, but I can't seem to see any desktop
managers when they are loaded (in particular, GNOME).  For instance, I VNC
to a user's vncserver, type startx, then all I see (on the viewer) is all
the output to the console (none of the desktop)  Secondly, I can't seem to
figure out how to change the settings so that the console I do see comes
across as black bkgd with a white font (right now it is a white bkgd with a
black font).

        Any help is appreciated.  I tried the docs, but I couldn't seem to
find my
answer.

Matt