Win2K/Linux VNC

Matt Keyes matt_keyes "at" qbsol.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:51:16 +0000

Hi!
	I'm trying to run VNCViewer from a Win2K workstation and see a VNCServer on
a Linux machine.  I can see the console, but I can't seem to see any desktop
managers when they are loaded (in particular, GNOME).  For instance, I VNC
to a user's vncserver, type startx, then all I see (on the viewer) is all
the output to the console (none of the desktop)  Secondly, I can't seem to
figure out how to change the settings so that the console I do see comes
across as black bkgd with a white font (right now it is a white bkgd with a
black font).

	Any help is appreciated.  I tried the docs, but I couldn't seem to find my
answer.

Matt