VNC with Netware

kevin.yager@kodak.com kevin.yager "at" kodak.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:24:29 +0000

From: Kevin Yager

What you need to do is go to an xterm that already is displaying in the Xserver
that you want to display your Netware windows in, and do the xhost + from there.
This is because you can only open up permissions from a trusted host.  This
window will already have a $DISPLAY variable set correctly.  Trusted means that
the Xserver will already accept connections from you.  This usually means the
local machine.

"xhost +" tells the server named in  it's $DISPLAY variable to open up and
accept connections from anybody.

Then you should be able to redirect a window from elsewhere to that server.

Kevin

"James Pifer" <jamesvnclist "at" tnjinfl.com> on 06/19/2001 10:53:32 AM

Please respond to vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com