Business use of VNC

Derek Di Matteo ddimatteo "at" mediaone.net
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 02:09:50 +0000

Hi, sorry to join this late...
I just wanted to make sure the GPL rules were clearly defined.

> Ah.. So can you instruct the technicians to not distribute the source
> of the server outside the company?
No. If you use GPL'd source code to create a modified version of some
GPL'd program that you then distribute, you must release the modified source
code under the GPL.  If you don't ship the modified source code with any
binaries you distribute, then you must make it available upon request. In
either case GPL license must accompany the program (binary and source). You
cannot sell GPL code. You can sell services. You can make GPL'd programs used
by you for your services freely available. Give back to the community and
keep free software free.

Derek Di Matteo