Automatically Accepting Connections

Jefferson Cowart jeff "at" cowart.net
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:28:45 +0000

Is there a free ssh server available for win 2000? I have been able to find
free ones for *nix and commercial ones for windows.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Mark Harris
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 11:39
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Automatically Accepting Connections

Ben said,
"One part of the documentation suggested that if no
password was assigned, then acceptance was automatic... thanks, but I'd
rather keep that password there if it's the only security available!!!"
-----
VNC is a great remote support tool;  however,  it is mostly insecure.   You
will want to use SSH (openSSH openSSL) as the vehicle for VNC.   SSH will
optionally compress as well as encrypt the transmission.   Of course the
SSH connection will be slower;   however,  it is well worth it from a
security standpoint.

Mark H. Harris                          <><

Staff Software Engineer
Software Tools Development  -  IBM Rochester,  MN
iSeries  Dept  EL8Y/664-3  E115
harrismh "at" us.ibm.com  (8) 456-6910  1-507-286-6910