Welll, kde2 aint crashing after launching with -depth 16(kde2)

Tim Waugh twaugh "at" redhat.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:05:23 +0000

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 10:19:20AM -0500, Bill Day wrote:

> When I connect to the server by default I receive and xdesktop with a
> xterm(on the win client), from the xterm I simply type kde2 which begins the

(I use startkde; I don't know if that is better or equivalent to
kde2.)

> kde2 splash screen and begins loading the desktop.  Once its loaded
> I have a difficult time getting around as in if my desktop is
> viewable, I can not see the kmenu task bar. I can only get one at a
> time.. any such cure for this?  Or should I be loading kde2 a
> different way....

Do you mean that the VNC display is larger than the physical display?
Use -geometry.

Tim.
*/

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]