Automatically Accepting Connections

Jonathan Morton chromi "at" cyberspace.org
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:59:39 +0000

>Some past messages that I have searched through suggest that previous
>versions used to automatically accept connections, and that people wanted
>to be able to accept or decline them... Now it's the other way around!!

Yes, and it is still an option.  You'll have to edit the Registry,
but it should be in the documentation somewhere.

>We also like the idea of using a web browser to connect, rather than
>relying on having the appropriate viewer available. I may have mis-read
>the documentation, but so far I haven't been able to do this.  I have the
>service running on the remote machine; I try to access
>http://theserver:5500 or http://theserver:5590 (I've had the desktop set
>to both 0 and Auto) - but just get a DNS error.

You need to try using the IP address rather than the hostname.  Also,
you'll probably find it's port 5800, not 5500 or 5590.