Strange Input Problem between WinME and Win2000

Trash Box trashbox777 "at"
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:24:47 +0000

Ok, I've had VNC for well over a year and it is quite convinient.  Just
recently, however, I set up two computers in my room and i only have 1 working
monitor, so of course i want to use VNC.  My problem is:

I load VNCviewer and connect from client to server and it loads just fine but
something is wrong with the mouse input.  (From Win2K to ME) I can right/left
click on anything on the start bar and it all seems to work but then when i
try and click directly on an open window, it becomes deselected and my clicks
do nothing.  Its like i'm clicking on some hidden top level window.  Also i
can right click on items on the taskbar but when their menus come up i cannot
select anything on the menu.  The keyboard seems to work fine though, i can
control applications with keyboard commands.

>From ME to Win2K it is even worse... it seems to freeze up the GUI and i
cannot move/select/click anything, even the taskbar/start button.  Even after
i close VNC and go back to the actual computer the GUI is frozen until i

Another wierd part of the problem is that when i try to use the java applet...
it brings up the login screen but i cannot type in the password box.  I
thought this wierd because before i set up all the users/permissions on my
computers i used the web client to access my server... not it does not work
either way.

My Setup is : Windows 2000 Profession SP2 on a Celeron 400 with 320MB Ram and
a Windows ME on a 1.7 P4 with 256 MB Ram.  They are about 4 inches apart from
each other, networked with a netgear 100TX Hub and 2 Netgear 10/100 NICs.

I am pretty sure it is due to the ME because i have had the windows2000 server
for quite a while with VNC running and i have accessed it no problem from the
internet at several locations on Windows 98 and Windows NT.

Any insight, help, emotional support would be greatly appreciated.

trashbox777 "at"
to majordomo "at"
See also: